This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website – www.istauk.com. ISTAuk™ is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
If you need to contact us about anything related to this privacy notice, you can email us at email@example.com or you can telephone us on 07956 151 574.
If any of your personal information changes (e.g. when you have changed your email address, your phone number, your country / city of location, or your name because you have got married, etc.), please email us at the above email address and let us know what has changed.
From time to time we may email you to check that the personal data we hold for you is accurate and up to date, and if we make amendments to our policy.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
There are many reasons why we may ask you for some personal information, here are a few:
- Upon your registration to our newsletter
- When you purchase our book/s
- If you want to attend events hosted by ISTAuk™
- If you apply for participating in Seva projects which are relevant to your skills / profession.
- To add you to our ‘Spiritual Support’ WhatsApp Group
We may collect the following data about you:
- Your name
- Your gender
- Your belief system
- Your age range
- Your address/city or residence
- Your email address
- Your Occupation
- Your phone number
- Your payment details
- Any personal data you post on our website such as comments
- Data about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website,
- Any other information that you directly provide to us whether through our contact form, over the phone, by email or otherwise, such as completing a survey
- Photographs of you at events
- Signing our register at one of our events
3. HOW MAY WE USE YOUR DATA
We will use your data in order to:
- Send you customer communications about enhancements to services or products you have used / bought
- Reply to any enquiries you make about our services or products
- Send you promotion communications such as details of events, workshops, etc.
- Monitor the use of our website and online services
- Ask you to complete surveys to assist us in developing our service
- Process financial transactions to enable you to purchase our products (books or well-being aids)
- Enable us to process orders, make agreements, respond to enquiries and deal with complaints
- Keep records of orders placed and communications in relation to such orders
- Keep records of other communications
- Analyse your use of our website and other online services
- Deliver relevant website content to you, if appropriate
- Understand the effectiveness of our promotions or information sharing
- Bring legal claims against you if you breach an agreement (contract) or fail to make payment (though we think unlikely)
- Comply with any legal obligations we are subject to or as required by a government authority
- Manage our ‘service’
4. OUR LAWFUL GROUND OF PROCESSING
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, we are only legally able to process your personal data if we have a lawful ground for doing so. Our lawful grounds of processing are:
- In relation to Customer Data that we have obtained in relation to, informing you about updates to the product or service and keeping records of the contract, placing an order with us that we hold for the purpose of fulfilling that contract, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are subject and for our legitimate interests in informing you about updates to the product or service and record keeping.
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained when you enquired about our products or services (whether that be through our website or otherwise) and that we process in order to reply to your enquiry and keep records of this, the processing is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract and for our legitimate interests in record keeping.
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained when you signed up for any of our free resources and that we process in order to send you those free resources, reply to your communications about the resources and to keep relevant records, you have given consent to the processing for the purposes of us sending you the free resource and it is in our legitimate interests to reply to your communications and to keep records for our records.
- In relation to Promotional Data that we have obtained when you told us your communication preferences, when you consented to us sending you details of our services and products, for the purposes of us sending you promotional communications, enabling you to partake in our promotions such as deliver relevant website content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this promotion, the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers and users use our services/products, to develop them, to grow our ‘service’ and to decide our promotion strategy.
- In relation to User Data that we have obtained through cookies on our website or other online services for the purposes of operating our website, ensuring relevant content is provided to you, ensuring the security of our website, maintaining back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business, the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our ‘service’.
- In relation to Technical Data (that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website), we process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our products and website, to deliver relevant website content and promotions to you and to understand the effectiveness of our promotions. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our ‘service’ and to grow our service’ and to decide our promotion strategy.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, certain religious beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, official memberships, information about your health, genetic and biometric data. We also do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
5. HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our website or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive data from third parties, such as analytic providers like Google, advertising networks such as Facebook, or search information providers such as Google, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, fraud detection agencies and data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Government Agencies and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
6. OUR PROMOTION COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you promotional communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our ‘service’).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may only send you email or text promotional communications if (i) you asked for information or made a purchase from us about our services or products or (ii) you agreed to receive promotional communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. We will not share your personal data with any third party for their marketing purposes.
We also have “unsubscribe” buttons on the bottom of all of our emails. If you opt out of receiving promotional or informational communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, etc.
7. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION SHARING
You may choose to be added into our ‘Spiritual Support’ WhatsApp Group, or other ‘groups’ or social media platforms – where others in the group may have access to your telephone number, email address, name and image that you select.
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people. Examples include:
- posting a comment on our articles
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
- posting comments on our website or social media platforms
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared. We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, or may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We request that you contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.